GEORGIA HOPE (Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally) SCHOLARSHIP
HOPE is a state tuition assistance program funded by the Lottery for Education. HOPE will pay tuition and mandatory fees for eligible students. Students will also receive a book allowance of $100 for enrolling for six or more credit hours or $50 for enrolling for five or fewer credit hours. All students must complete the OTC Financial Aid Application to receive HOPE.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia for 12 months.
- Must be enrolled in an eligible post-secondary institution.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien.
- Must not be in default on Federal student loan and/or owe a refund on a Federal Title IV aid program.
HOPE for Diploma or Certificate Programs Students enrolling in diploma or certificate programs are eligible for HOPE regardless of the year of high school graduation and regardless of their high school GPA. They are eligible to receive HOPE for any and all certificate or diploma programs, provided they meet standards for satisfactory progress.
Specific Requirements for Entering Freshmen Enrolling In Degree Programs
- Must be a 1993 or later graduate of an eligible Georgia high school.
- Must have met curriculum requirements and earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA in a college preparatory track or a 3.2 for all other tracks.
- Eligible students may receive the scholarship for up to 190 credit hours, provided they make satisfactory progress and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in the quarter that they are attempting to complete their 45th, 90th and 135th hours.
HOPE for All Other Degree-Seeking Students
Students who graduated from high school prior to the establishment of the HOPE program in 1993, or students not academically eligible for a HOPE scholarship immediately after high school graduation, may be eligible for a HOPE scholarship if, after attempting their 45th ,90th , or 135th hour of study in a degree program, they have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Hours attempted in a certificate or diploma program which do not transfer into a degree program will not meet the requirement. All students must complete an Evaluation for HOPE Scholar Grant Form to be considered for HOPE for degree programs.