A student in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to enroll as a transient student at a technical college in order to complete work that will be transferred to the home institution. A transient student should provide a letter from the home institution outlining recommended courses. A transient student must:
1. Submit a completed application for admission.
2. Pay the $20 non-refundable application fee.
3. Present a transient letter outlining courses to be taken while in transient status.
4. Request an official transcript to be sent back to home institution at the end of the transient
Click here to download the Transient Student Process
Please follow the steps below to apply as a transient student with another technical college.
1. Go to www.gvtc.org.
• The Georgia Virtual Technical College website is designed to allow you to
find which technical colleges are offering the classes you need, and it allows
you to apply online to be a transient student.
2. Choose the technical college you would like to attend.
• Hover over “Programs/Courses” at the top of the page.
• From the drop-down menu, select “Courses.”
• Search the course catalog to find a college that will be offering the class you
need (you may search by subject, college and term).
3. Apply for the course.
• Go back to the homepage (www.gvtc.org).
• Click on “Apply Now” at the top of the page.
• If you have a GVTC account, please enter your User Name and Password. If you
are a student, your GVTC User Name will be your email address. If you do not
have a GVTC account, please click “Create Account.”
• If you have not completed the READI assessment before, check the NO
button. This will walk you through an assessment to determine if you are
ready to take an online class. If you have already completed it, check YES and
move to the next step.
• You will now be directed to the application.
• Enter the information requested and when finished enter your name as a
digital signature and click “Submit” to submit your application.
4. Your application has been sent.
• Your application will automatically be directed to Student Affairs at OTC and to the
Admissions Office at the host college you chose to attend.
• OTC will automatically process your transient student agreement and, upon
approval, will send it to the appropriate office at the college you chose.
5. Your responsibilities:
• Ensure that the requested class is within your planned major and that your
advisor is aware of your request to be a transient student.
• Contact the host college to which you have applied and pay the application fee.
• Check your email for correspondence. You will receive your acceptance
letter via email. The email will include detailed instructions from the host college
on how to register for the class, get books and log into the course.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Enrollment Services at 912.681.5500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.