Content provided here is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended for self-diagnosis or self-treatment, nor should it replace the consultation of a trained medical or mental health professional. Outside links are not under our control, and we cannot guarantee the content contained in them.
- A mental illness that affects the body and the mind
- It is more than the blues
- It is more than the normal everyday ups and downs in life
- It is when these down feelings occur nearly every day for two weeks or more
- Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, worthlessness, and/or guilt
- Finding little pleasure in life
- Loss of interest in activities they normally enjoy
- Unable to concentrate or make decisions
- Trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up
- Loss or gain of weight
- Loss of energy
- Both Medication and Counseling
- Community mental health centers
- Mental Health Clinics
- Social Workers
- Licensed professional counselors
- Other health care professionals
For Immediate help call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or the national Hopeline network at 1-800-784-2433.
In an emergency call 9-1-1.
Channing Bete Company, Inc. (2005 Edition). Depression-There’s hope and help. One Community Place, South Deerfield, MA 01373
National Institute of Mental Health: Depression (NIMH)
National Institute of Mental Health: Bipolar Disorder (NIMH)
Brian Russell, LMSW
Ogeechee Technical College
One Joe Kennedy Blvd.
Statesboro, Georgia 30458
Office 171D, Joe Kennedy Building
Phone: (912) 486-7811
Email Address: email@example.com