FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Monday - Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Hours may vary during holidays and between quarters.
What is my student email address?
If your last name is common, you may have numbers after it: email@example.com
Where do I go to check my student email account?
Go to the OTC Home page, click the current student tab.
Choose email from the drop down menu.
How do I access the Angel Online Class Site?
Help with Angel
Circulation and Reference assistance with library resources:
- Must have a valid Student ID
- Reference books, reserves, and periodicals are available for Library Use Only.
- Two week checkout period on Circulation Books
- Copy Machine Available - Black/White
All Students are expected to follow these general OTC Library guidelines:
- Georgia Southern University
- Statesboro-Bulloch County Regional Public Library System
- Other Technical College Libraries in Georgia
- Have a valid student ID to check out books
- As a courtesy, cell phone ringers must be turned off
- Children are not allowed in the Library. If you must bring them, have something for them to do. The computers are for OTC students.
- Keep your voice down and conversations to a minimum
A variety of full-text books, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other books, are available online in electronic format via the GALILEO (Georgia Library Learning Online) web site, http://www.galileo.usg.edu. Click on the News/Facts Reference tab on the GALILEO homepage.
Some of the e-book resources that you have access to via GALILEO, include:
* Encyclopedia Britannica Online
* Encyclopedia of Animals
* Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
* Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
* New Georgia Encyclopedia
* Oxford English Dictionary
Each individual DTAE college has its own GALILEO password and is responsible for ensuring that only authorized users have access to the password, which changes on a quarterly basis. Authorized users are those students who are currently enrolled at the Ogeechee Tech, as well as currently employed faculty and staff. When a user accesses the GALILEO web site and enters the passwords, they are “authenticated” as a valid Ogeechee Technical College user.
Eligible users may request the current GALILEO password by visiting or contacting the Library, (912) 871-1606. A current Ogeechee Tech student or staff identification card is required when requesting the password. Valid users may not share the institution’s password with anyone else—violations will result in the loss of access privileges and potential disciplinary action by the College.
Search Engines and Directories
Metacrawlers and Metasearch Engines
For additional search tools, as well as the latest information about web search
resources and search tips, access the Search Engine Watch site, http://searchenginewatch.com.
Landmarks Citation Machine
Using Zach S. Henderson Library
Research and Documentation Online
Library Hours: 7:00am - 9:30pm / M - Th
One Joe Kennedy Blvd. | Statesboro, GA 30458 | (912)871-1606 | (912)871-1886 (TTY/Voice)